ebonium Returns and Refunds Policy
In the unlikely event that you wish to return a product there are costs which are chargeable.
When you contact us please you quote:
Your delivery note number or customer reference number (from your invoice).
- Your name and post code
Damaged items should be refused.
If you keep a damaged item, the delivery note must clearly state that an item is damaged.
ebonium will not accept any liability for damage notified if the delivery note is signed for as undamaged.
The delivery service will unwrap the product for inspection and it is the customer's responsibility to check the product before the delivery team depart.
We resolve these issues quickly.
If you sign for the product and do not check it, then a claim will not be considered for damage.
Damages must be notified to ebonium within 24 hours of receipt, our delivery teams are very good and help check product (except Next Day service and small courier items and accessories)
- We don't get many damages which is why we partner with 2 man dleivery partners and use DPD for small courier items
- The cost of delivery will be deducted from any credit raised. This is normally £55.00 for cabinets and £70.00 for cupboards.
- The cost of collection if we are required to collect is deducted from any credit raised. This is between £55 and £70.00 for unit.
- A customer may return a product in it's original packaging at their own cost
- Items that are bought, but are too large to deliver cannot be refunded as the onus is on the customer to verify the products will fit into the place of use. All products have dimensions on the relevant page, so please check before ordering or phone us for advice.
- Made to order items cannot be returned unless agreed in writing by ebonium limited.
- We deliver newly made products.
- The items labelled with lead times of 15-28 days are not stock items, they are made to order.
- We are an independent e-tailer and not the manufacturer.
- Made to order items are refunded at 70% of the original purchase price
- Please note a made to order item has a delivery lead time of 15 days or more. Due to the huge range of products available from the manuafcturer most coloured products are made to order.
- Keys are non-refundable (please check the lock before ordering and sometimes an old lock gets stiff and requires lubrication)
- Accessories are non- refundable, please check with us when ordering shelves or internal accessories for cabinets and cupboards.
Should you wish to cancel your order we will of course try and help.
For single items
For Products with a lead time of under 15 days or stocked you can cancel orders 48 hours before delivery with a 10% fee.
For Stocked items that are cancelled on the day before delivery there will be a delivery charge applied for cancelling of £55.00 per cabinet
For products cancelled on or during delivery there is a minimum cancellation fee of £70, we do this to cover the cost of delivery and return with our delivery service
You can cancel made to order, new items within 7 days of the initial order date with no charge.
For made new items (none stocked items that have a 10-28 day lead time) there will be a cancellation charge of
50% of the value of the item 7 -14 days after the initial order date (this allows for a cooling off period for the customer)
For cancellations 15 days or more from order date there will be a cancellation charge of 70% of the order value.
For Orders over 3 units
- Cancellation will incurr 75% of the invoice cost.
We will advise the collection company to collect the items at a time agreed by both parties within 5-7 days of notification.
The collection company will wrap the product for safe transit if the item was delivered and packaging removed.
Please ensure the unit is clean and undamaged and that any paperwork is attached (so we can trace your return).
Do not post it to us as this may invalidate your refund without an agreement
Units must be returned in a saleable condition.
There is a return charge of £55 per product for two man items
Small courier items should be returned at the customer cost to us. We reserve the right to with-hold £9.99 for the outbound cost
Returns after 7 days
Items cannot be returned after 7 days.
European Law - Your statutory rights
At ebonium we want you to be happy with every purchase you make. However, we do anticipate that you may wish to return an item. For this reason we offer a seven (7) day returns policy for stock items.
By law, customers in the European Union have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item within seven (7) working days after the date the item is delivered less any notified costs and for made to order items we advise that 75% of the product cost will be retained.
Therefore if you do wish to return an item you must inform us within seven (7) working days starting with the day on which they are delivered.
You must ensure that you take reasonable care of the goods and return them to us at your cost.
We will refund the money as soon as possible and at the latest within 30 (thirty) days of receiving written notice of your decision to cancel.
These returns details were up-dated in August 2017