General Data Protection Regulation
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Policy and your privacy
At ebonium we need to collect certain information from our customers and visitors in a number of different ways to support sales. Ebonium are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and always have measures in place to ensure an adequate level of security for personal information held/processed via our website.
We only use Secure servers hosted by Peer 1 and all data is secure.
We need you to allow us to process orders and confirm payment details and no card data is stored or saved through our payment gateway provided by Braintree.
By ordering a product from us it is assumed you agree to data being held otherwise we would be unable to fulfil an order on your behalf.
Data is supplied to our delivery partners for the purpose of ensuring deliveries are made and data is held under their policies. We can supply details upon request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to request access to the information we hold on you at any time under the General Data Protection Regulations by contacting us at email@example.com
In general we hold your name and address along with phone number and e-mail address
We hold this information in our CRM (aka back-office software) as an account record.
This information includes;
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Company Buyer / Sales / Accounts / MD Names
- Various supplied Telephone / Fax numbers
- Various supplied Email address
We use this information to facilitate trading with your company and general correspondence with your staff on a daily basis. We occasionally send offers and brochures with deals we are currently running. ebonium will never pass on, or sell this information.
Your Customers Details
Your customers’ details required to process an order, which include;
- Email Address(es)
- Home / Work Address
- Contact Numbers
- Contact Names
We do not sell data on to any other company and do not send out spam e-mail or information.
If you subscribe to our newsletter we will contact you via this from time to time.
You do have the right to request that the information we hold on you be erased under the right to be forgotten, where the information we hold is captured without permission and may cause substantial damage or distress. However we only ask for details if you order or subscribe to a newsletter
This can be adhered to in the following circumstances;
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When the individual withdraws consent and cancels an order.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed.
- The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- The personal data is processed in relation to a minor
There are some instances where the right to be forgotten does not apply which are:
- To exercise the right of freedom of expression and information
- To comply with a legal obligation or for the performance of a public interest task or exercise of official authority, we will notify you of this.
- Archiving purposes which is in the public interest,
- The exercise or defence of legal claims.
In summary your data is held if:
- You subscribe to our newsletter
- You order from us
- We do not sell or pass on your details or data to any third party who are not directly working with us.
Your data maybe passed onto our delivery partners who are contracted by ebonium to fulfil delivery requirement, these may consist of:
- Delivery Partners we use
- Details are available on request
- Wholesale partners we use
- Royal Mail postal requests
We also hold data which may be visible for web development and for sending out customer review requests:
- Peer 1 Web hosting
- Feefoo and Trustpilot
ebonium do not sell your data or send out unsolicited spam mail and we would ask that you notify us if any suspicious contact is made pertaining to ebonium.
Ebonium will provide you with marketing communication or invitations for product reviews via email only if you have expressly consented to such communication. The details provided will only be used to update you with information and news and/or contact directly.